Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 2015 Outback 3.6R. The lane departure warning is defaulted to on every time the car is started. I understand that the 2016 model will remain off until it is turned back on with the dash switch. Is there a way to update the 2015 model? It really is annoying. I tried removing the fuse but the cruise control won't work like that. 

I tried that. It still effects the cruise control and puts a big NO EYESIGHT on the dash display. What I am looking for is information about a reprogram/upgrade to the 2016 software. If that is possible on a 2015. I could ask a dealer but it would probably be a waste of words. 

On the MY17 I have, there are several default settings you can change using the display switch and paddle set on the steering wheel that are shwon on the cluster display.

The changeable ones are noted in the owners manual. I don't want to suggest changing things using my 2017 instructions b/c I know they updated eyesight almost every model year.

I'd check your 2015 manual first.

Thanks but I did that already. The manual was no help. It appears Subaru is attempting to to integrate a self driving system under the guise of "safety". Although it might be a good idea since about half the people on the road are texting. I assume other manufacturers are doing the same. I still prefer to drive the car myself without interference from installed devices.