Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Baja head gaskets leaking Boise Idaho Subaru dealer steps up.

I'm working in Boise Idaho, job was supposed to be gravy 4-10's weekends home. It ends up 6-10's and a nightmare. Wife and son drive over to see me, and Baja throws a fit. Wife notices temp warmer than usual stops lets it cool down low antifreeze. oil change less than 100 miles ago all fluids checked. She fills it continues on. They get here tells me the story, I check it and low again. No water in oil so yea me. Next day she takes to private shop $$$$$. then to dealer shop manager says "Subaru should have recalled these POS gaskets". So long story short fixed the head gaskets, serviced the air conditioner, timing belts, and tensioners for the same price as private joe fix your car. And gave us a 2017 Crosstrek for the 5 days Baja was in the shop. I just wanted to share this experience because dealer rip you off stories are the norm. They have my future business even though they are 5 hours from my house.