Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What am I not seeing ? Radio swap 92 Legacy

Sorry to ask. I've actually done this stuff before which makes it even harder to ask.

Blame it on the heat. I just couldn't suffer anymore and figured I'd give the USMB a try.

So , I clearly see the two screws atop of the faceplate where the cup holder is. What else is holding that faceplate on ?

In calmer times I would have it done. But it's super hot up here and no a/c and no real shade either so I bailed out. Forgive me !! Lol

This unit in the car has the stash pocket below the radio. The one going in is the same style.

All I need is a refresher on where those other Phillip screws are. Pulled the ashtray - saw nothing there.

I saw one way deep in the back , centered. I took it out and naturally it fell down inside there. Got frustrated and packed it up with much sweat on the brow.

Stay cool , and thanks for any help.

Ahh , thought I remember using a right angle Phillips. Can also remember struggling but getting them with a stubby Phillips. Back in the Loyale days.

Thanks ! One thing though. I could swear when I looked in there I saw Four Phillip screws to the ceiling of that compartment. That got me scared. Lol I'll find out when the heat moves on if those two rear screws go thru the faceplate , but I tend to think not.

Getting old ! Damn ....

Edited by moosens

One more in the back center, but it's straight in and the tab it holds is notched.

Loosen it and the ashtray track slips up off it.

Thanks ! Yeah I got that one out and it fell into hell.

Too hot ! Turn it down !!