Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A/C o-rings dimensions anybody?

decided to follow a member's advice and change the A/C o-rings before a recharge

got a neat 270 kit to choose from, and still, could be cool if someone actually knew what are the sizes, so it's not a trial and error thing

and yes, did some googling, but the one thread were i saw o-ring dimensions they were definitely not for my model  (1995 Leg SW MT5)

the three different sizes P/N are:

73039AA060

73039AA080

73039AA090

thanks i advance!

TG

was asking because the old ones are totally set into a deformed triangle/round/square section, you know what i am talking about ....

thought there was a chance that someone happened to have  measured OEM ones before fitting

will go with feel/fit/eyebal like always, was just trying to be more scientific :) 

tnxs in any case

actually it was in that forum that i found also a list, but none of the dimensions worked on my system, they were all pointing at 2.4 mm rings, mine were much thinner. must be for other models.

found them here:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/110-gen-2-2000-2004/44938-c-air-conditioning-oring-o-ring-sizes-log-only-no-replies.html

problem solved for the time being by "feel", car filled this morning and cools great, lets see how they hold

and if any one does have the OEM dimensions, he is welcome to post :)

• Like 1

Here are some measurements that I made on the old rings that I recently replaced (I tend to hoard old parts, just in case...):

- These are for a 2002 Forester

- Subaru O-ring #73039TA020 cross-section dia. 2.2mm; ID 11.0mm

- Subaru O-ring #73039TA040 cross-section dia. 2.2mm; ID 16.8mm

These are probably accurate to about +/- 0.1mm.

A used a digital-caliper, but it's not easy getting a stable reading on the soft rubber O-rings.