Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Maiden Voyage: SS Subaru

they made a new beetle float on monster garage by filling it with expandable foam, you could probably do the same thing to a subaru. Then like fox says, run a prop off the d-shaft.

Ive got a huge collection of oil drums, it would be cool to weld them up and strap them to a car and go cruisin across the Sooke basin, about 200ft from my house.

Boosted: it was pacific city

Partsman: its time for a new drivers seat anyway that one was already chewed up pretty bad, and yes I wish I coulda got a pic of the expression on my face when we started bobbing with the current

bushbasher: now that would be something to see

subi81: :grin:

Mike: i know i know I promised, but look at the bright side she is gonna be reborn, bigger better and stronger!

here is me giving her a car wash (if you can call it that) LOL

wash.jpg

this one is blurry because of all that steam

wash2.jpg

Man, were you lucky! Could've ended a lot worse than it did.

After you get done hosing out the car, invest in a few cans of electrical contact cleaner, spraydown every connection, switch, circuitboard, ect, ect, ect, add infintum.

wow, i just read this. i have been gone for a while.

i sunk my toyota truck in a river once. it is definatly a scary thing. im glad you didnt loose her. i dont know if it has already been said, but you should probably hose off all the metal on the car so it doesnt rust.

also keep in mind if you need any parts im parting out my 85 d/r wagon.

I think you just got your self a new nickname.

Salty

Or maybe Capt. Morgan (you werent drinking when you did this, eh?)

Yea, and the steering wheel (helm) was a neat touch.

lol @ turbone & Spideyz

oh and turbone: I had a shot of old crow (BLEECH, cheap whiskey) or 2 earlier in the day, but I was pretty sober by that point.

Yeah - we already changed the oil twice - used cheap stuff and Fram filters. hehe. Pulled the valve covers and cleaned those out. The PCV lines were getting clogged with water/oil mix. It runs, but it won't idle. Too many contaminates in ocean water - plus all the sand and what not. Weber rebuild kit is in the mail - we'll have it back on the road shortly.

The part that made me laugh was when Nick bent the ignition key because the lock had rusted up. Little graphite and it will be ok, but that's some deep arse water to have rusted the ignition lock.....

GD