Ultimate Subaru Message Board

want dagram of mpfi control ECU connector 95 EJ22 Liberty/Legacy

Is it something easy to produce?

I have similar in the fuel injection section 2.7 of my EA82 manuals so suspect same is available for these Legs.Libs RHD prefered if its there

Just to see the way Sube number the three yellow plugs or the pin out diagram and listing of the 64 possible wires.

My pin out then lists by name, wire colour and function

If someone could reproduce it here would be great, or a link to the manuals. Found a download of manuals on fb but it not contain this pin out.

What I want to do, not just dreams now, its action stations, the donor EJ just needs lifting out - everything is undone, and I hauled out a loom that now looks like coloured...multi-coloured spaghetti.

I want to make ECU just run the sparks, with a minimum of wires, and understanding :D of how this ECU works in comparison to EA Series 1 and 2

Many thanks for any help, pointers, knowledge - even balderdash if you like :)

The donor is stamped witha compliance approval date 09.95  which is a bit later than make date which I have yet to find

it is a 4SP auto FWD ( i think? ) so has the auto control box and complex wiring associated with it

and ECU is likely different here in Oz but is a UI 22611AB640  A18-000 RV2

I'd like to think I can get away with

a power wire

an earth wire

input from cam sensor

input from crank sensor

input from knock sensor

three wires out to the coil pack - does the coil pack earth to its bracket?

then there is about five wires [ i cut[ that connect the ignitier to the ECU

It is to go in a Brumby so no speed sensor on the back of its speedo [only the plural of the name is a garment :D ] maybe I should grab the cluster for fun too?

Am I missing something

Manual box in recipient

Grabbing the Y pipe exhaust hoping it will just bolt up to the pea shooter exhaust

Fuel is intended to be dry gaseous propane so it sorts itslef out not needing gasoline injectors or rail or pump

Edited by jono

Like GD said it needs ALL of the sensors to function properly.

MAF, MAP, TPS, ECT, O2s, knock sensor, everything.

The ECU does not control the coil directly on that year. It controls the igniter module and the igniter controls the coil. Igniter is mounted on the firewall above the pitch mount.

• Like 1

I knew I forgot TPS and coolant temp sender

Um what about resistors across other inputs, injector emulator

Would you have said same about S1 EA82T ?

Bugger. I can grab the hotwire afm ???

Shoulda looked before I lept :D

OK just thinking I need to hook it all up as a goer on wet fuel, then approach it as if I am converting it to run dual fuel and just keep wet fuel off

All engine sensors are still in place up to the harness plugs and I have the harness with cruise control cut out of it, auto cut out.

Still plan on going ahead so if anyone got a pinout on the ecu be greatful