Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Part Compatiblity for 2011 impreza hatchback

Hi everyone I am brand new to the forum, and I tried a few different phrasing in the search bar for this question; please forgive me if it has already been answered.

I have a 2011 Impreza hatchback and a small accident has rendered my right back passenger door kinda crumpled. I found a door on Craigslist from a 2009 Impreza sedan (non-turbo). I've contacted the seller and he assures me he has used parts from this make and model on his own Impreza hatchback. Does anyone know what makes and years are compatible without buying a haynes or chilton manual? This would be a very nice easy fix for me as the colors match already and I'm fairly certain it looks like my door, just need some confirmations before committing. Thank you for any help and advice.

post-71201-0-10358700-1519691348_thumb.jpg

post-71201-0-44988700-1519691582_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick responses. any paperwork i have on the car says 2011 Impreza 2.5 SW 4WD, I'm not sure what else can narrow it down as i don't know what to look for exactly. But I did do as you said and went to the car part site.

To make it easier I just entered my VIN number. and should I assume anything that pops up in the search is a viable option for me?  Heartless, as you said, I see things from 2008 on up. thanks again.

Then it should work for you. Sometimes the interior trim differs, you just swap the interior trim panels and that should be all you need to do.

I’m general but unlikely to be the case for you - the Exterior can have slight differences between cladding and pin stripping.

In rare cases the color can change - “red” might be a “canyon red” in early years of a given generation while later models of that same generation use “mica red”. That’s just an illustration and usually it’s not the case, just something to look out for. 00-04 Outbacks have this issue where 00-01 “red” and 02-04 “red” are different colors even though they’re interchangeable and both “red”.

i've never encountered a subaru interior panel that was even remotely hard to remove.  couple screws and pry them off with an appropriately flat/stiff tool.  plastic would ensure you don't scratch anything, but i routinely use long screw drivers having done it countless times. 

i've never encountered a subaru interior panel that was even remotely hard to remove.  couple screws and pry them off with an appropriately flat/stiff tool.  plastic would ensure you don't scratch anything, but i routinely use long screw drivers having done it countless times. 

completely agree... and the little plastic clips are cheap to replace if you break one or two in the process - altho I dont think I have ever broken a Subaru door panel clip... that was the Dodge, lol

I will tackle that part next. Yesterday went really smooth with the buy and the install. it was about five bolts and unhooking/reconnecting a power line. It has some metallic flakes in it so it's not a 100% match but for the money saved, I'm not going to worry about it.

post-71201-0-83052600-1520192004_thumb.jpg

• Like 1