Ultimate Subaru Message Board

20mm wheels spacers on stock 2018 Outback rims (18")....yes or no...?

Recently purchased a 2018 Outback 3.6 Touring and would like to keep it as stock as possible but mod it a notch up. New to Subaru's and love this thing more than my MB S550 I just got rid of. I'd like a wider stance and more aggressive tread without having to buy new rims to get those features. I've used spacers on other sports sedans but never on an SUV and since going off-road over light terrain is about the maximum of adventure I'll be using this great vehicle for plus daily driving to work....does anyone suggest a decent hardware set-up? I'm thinking of putting 20mm spacers to really kick the tires out.

• Like 2

20mm would most likely be bolt on, as in they have their own studs, so they bolt onto your hub, and then the wheel bolts onto them. I've used them a lot, and had zero issues. Most people use 25mm, to make sure the length of the wheel studs clear the back of the wheel. Your wheels will sit close to flush, but won't poke, and with stock size tires, shouldn't rub at all.