Ultimate Subaru Message Board

air intake methods... EA82T

are you gonna keep the 4WD plenum when you hook your hoses up, 88rx? i took that bracket/heatshield out. (mainly because i was in a rush and i crossthreadded the passenger side bolt and broke the head off... oops)

Nice work on the fabrication, Dave. BUT, I'm a little surprised that someone that lives in W. Wa. would have a intake like that so close to the ground. Keep us updated when it rains :-p It looks like your not afraid to cut sheet metal, so if your not using the spare tire area this would be a good place to mount the intake. Isolate it by building a wall around it, then put a scoop on the hood. I think this would give more air and keep it away from the water.

your right im not to worried about water / rain, there is no way for rain to realy get into the filter it is surounded by the fender front splash sheld (for lack of a better word), and the fender liner. and if its raining hard enough for large puddles that i may have to forge... thats what i have my other subaru for.

subaru14_thm.jpg

a little rain wont hurt this one.

if this one suckes up water... im gonna start bulding a subaru powered boat

-=suberdave=-