Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Genuine parts made in USA !

First I have noticed with genuine gaskets from USA into Oz. Have only ever seen parts with made in Japan on the label as always seen from Australian dealers.

Recently ordered intake throttle body to inlet manifold gasket to be told ex Japan. Days later told none left in mother land either. A quick look to see plentiful supply in USA. When I can arrange affordable transit and get them in my hands gonna bet made in USA, or old stock

Subaru of America is it's own entity and they could have had them made for our market if the demand was great enough. They have oil filters made here for example. To avoid importing them by the truckload from overseas. Honeywell makes them for the US market while Tokyo-Roki makes them for Japan. 

Or they could have been repackaged possibly. The distribution warehouse can print those stickers with any part number they want on them. May simply be a reprint and all their labels say that. 

It honestly means nothing.