Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Read Srs Codes on 07 Legacy

I can tell you that a scanner that will read Subaru ABS starts at around $2500 !!!!!  I'm sure that SRS is the same scanner. 

For some reason subi holds tight to that info.  Only top of the line scanners can get access.

I haven't heard of Scanmaster but its worth looking into.

1 hour ago, montana tom said:

I can tell you that a scanner that will read Subaru ABS starts at around $2500 !!!!!  I'm sure that SRS is the same scanner. 

For some reason subi holds tight to that info.  Only top of the line scanners can get access.

I haven't heard of Scanmaster but its worth looking into.

I can get to all the p and c codes without a scanner. I there a way to get to the srs codes without a scanner?

I don't think the gauge cluster can access the SRS module like that. If it can I don't think it's documented anyway. As Tom mentions Subaru is pretty tough with scan tool support as they are not the first on the list for the aftermarket scan tool manufacturers. Snap-On may have one that can do it for less than $1k. Mine was $3k. 

GD

6 minutes ago, GeneralDisorder said:

I don't think the gauge cluster can access the SRS module like that. If it can I don't think it's documented anyway. As Tom mentions Subaru is pretty tough with scan tool support as they are not the first on the list for the aftermarket scan tool manufacturers. Snap-On may have one that can do it for less than $1k. Mine was $3k. 

GD

Thanks. I have a local shop that will read the srs codes. That will be my next step.

the overhead map lights are problematic with these sometimes - bad solder connection you can repair or get another map light.  google it. 

the wiring harness under the drivers side seat.  make sure nothing is pushing/pulling it improperly.  can probably google that too. 

On older models you can ground a pin and get the SRS codes to flash - is that not possible with new models? 

4 hours ago, idosubaru said:

the overhead map lights are problematic with these sometimes - bad solder connection you can repair or get another map light.  google it. 

the wiring harness under the drivers side seat.  make sure nothing is pushing/pulling it improperly.  can probably google that too. 

On older models you can ground a pin and get the SRS codes to flash - is that not possible with new models? 

Yes I did the solder repair on map light assembly once with no luck. Will check the under drivers seat harness. There is supposed to be an eight pin connector  under the dash by the steering wheel column that is an srs test connector  Haven't found any info on line regarding how to jumper the pins  to get srs codes. I know the  error code for the map light assembly issue is 26. Would like to verify what code is actually turning on  the srs light in my gauge cluster.

I don't know how it could be accurately tested. I'm re soldering it tonight. I know they are $100 from the dealer and less than half that for a used one on Ebay. Both those options seem kind of a waste of money without knowing what is triggering the airbag light to come on.