Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone see a t-top on a pre-doorframe Sube?

I was thinking it might be an ideal setup for a t-top conversion, although I don't know why I would want to.

There's already no door frame, just reinforce the roof span and create some kind of seal gutter for the panels.

I've got an extra 1999 Forester that would be good for going to the beach.

Eh - I don't think it would work well - the T-tops on my Trans Am are definitely best in fair weather - if you go through a car wash you get a shower - and this is even mentioned in the owners manual as being pretty much expected and normal. Being that Subaru's are really best suited to inclement weather it really doesn't fit. They worked on the Brat because they didn't extend to the door glass like you are proposing, and like my Trans Am is built. 

GD

I think the biggest problem is the edge of the roof there is where all of the structure is. You'd have to build some serious structure into the "T", as well as reinforce the rockers (like you would on a convertible). Then you'd have to find some t-tops that were the right shape for the Subaru roof.

You could leave the full frame, like the fun-tops on the brat.

Sounds like a PITA, but I think you should do it :P