Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1st post. Love my 2007 Impreza hatchback. But now (ok I'm old school) CDs won't play or eject. Figured the OE unit was toast -- got a used replacement, same problem. Figured it was just a fluke -- the replacement unit w same issue, but when the 3rd unit had the same problem, it's clearly something else.  Tried the most cited things -- remove fuse. No luck. Disconnect battery No luck. What next -- posts here go about that far. Was leaving on a long trip in a few days but -- had hoped to have CDs going. But any ideas beyond the disconnect/reconnect fuse, then if no luck disconnect/reconnect battery) I would like to hear them.

thanks

Bob B

perhaps it is time to look into something aftermarket instead of used OE units?

I am running a Sony head unit in my 2002 Forester - it does play CDs, but also has a usb port that i can plug a thumb drive into and play music from that, or charge my phone, or whatever.. it also has bluetooth for hands free phone use (my primary reason for making the swap), and can also play music using the bt as well.. far more features than any stock unit of that era would have.

there are wiring adapter kits available from Crutchfield.com so you don't need to cut any of the stock wires. wire up the adapter harness to the stereo unit, plug it in, mount, and enjoy

I just joined looking for other information but saw this. My 2012 Legacy with OEM sound system ate a CD and wouldn't give it back. 6 months later I had to replace the battery. When I pulled the old battery out the player spit the CD out. Of course what happened next was that it had to be driven nearly a hundred miles for everything to reset. Cruise wouldn't work and all kinds of Lights lit up on the dash. If that happens whatever you do don't disconnect the battery again. Just keep driving.

I have a 1998 Forester with an aftermarket system in it. I think there's been a CD stuck in there for six and a half years but I can't prove it. The CD just went missing. Changing the battery had no effect.