Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi; I have a 92 Legacy that has developed starting problems. It was fine during summer if you did a cold start without pressing on the accelerator at all. Then when it got cold outside, it began to not start. Now it will only start with the accelerator pedal pressed down on the floor. 

• With the key 'on' but not starting, the electric fuel pump is at 40 lbs. With the engine running, it's at 50 lbs. If the fuel line is pinched, it goes to 80 lbs. 

After running the engine for 10 minutes and then letting the car set for about 30 minutes, the engine starts fine with no throttle. 

Husband just put in a new fuel filter after these problems started. Twelve months ago he replaced the fuel regulator, fuel pump relay switch, coolant thermosensor and it worked good for a year. He has not rechecked the coolant thermosensor. 

Any guesses as to what the problem is? Having a car that starts reliably is very important to me as I'm a hospice volunteer. Thank you!