Ultimate Subaru Message Board

J hook wiper?

Oem were flat at the end.  2 small screws held the wiper blade holders on.  All stainless.   Originally painted black.  Sand blasted to mostly stainless just by driving for 30 years.  I might be the only person with oem wiper blade holders and arms,  but both my wagons have them.  

I have wanted to find the oem rear ones for years.  None of my cars are bought new, so I never got one that still had original rears.  The first couple I bought were new enough to still have the oem front ones though.   The replacement ones that came on the several other wagons I owned never worked as well as the oem ones.

As far as I can remember, for the fronts - They are the 2 screw all stainless type.  I got one set with my 86, which I bought in 88.  And the second set were on my 90, bought in 92.  After that, they all had the 2 screw spring arm part, but the previous owners / mechanics had swapped on the crap throw away type instead of using refills.

These are the 4WD GL / Loyales I have had - blue 86, red 87, blue 88, brown 88, white 90, white 92, silver 93.  I have many mechanical & electrical parts from all of them, keeping the 87 and the 93 running.  The 86 got massively damaged in an accident, and totaled.   Frame bent to the point of the roof and driver's door were even messed up.  I eventually got it running to use around the yard for a while, before it became a parts source.  The others died due to rusting away.