Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 Loyale 3at governor gear

I recently got a 91 loyale 3at with 110k on it and it had a bad modulator on it. After I fixed that the governor drive gear failed. Any one know where I might find one.

Edited by maiajr

About the only place you will find one is a junk yard or if someone here may be junking out a 3at. If you find one dig in the archives for an article about how to make them work right. I may have one but due to medical problems I can't get to it at the moment. If you get it fixed be sure and adjust the 2-3 band also.

You called and left a message at my shop - sorry I was on the other line. I'll just answer here though. 

Unfortunately I don't have any 3AT parts. You might call call John's Subaru in Gaston, OR. He's a Subaru specific junk yard. 

Also you could swap it to a manual transmission. Probably your best bet. Those 3AT's were $hit from the start and you can't get any parts for them anymore. 

GD

3 hours ago, GeneralDisorder said:

You called and left a message at my shop - sorry I was on the other line. I'll just answer here though. 

Unfortunately I don't have any 3AT parts. You might call call John's Subaru in Gaston, OR. He's a Subaru specific junk yard. 

Also you could swap it to a manual transmission. Probably your best bet. Those 3AT's were $hit from the start and you can't get any parts for them anymore. 

GD

Hi Thanks for answering. I agree with the manual trans idea. Looking for a brake/clutch pedal box but not any luck so far.