Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for a good subie turbo mechanic in West Denver/Dillon Coloado area

A friend of mine is looking to get her 09 Subaru outback turbo stick with a 2.5 that has a bad block replaced with a good one?  Anyone have a good recommendation for a good friend of mine?

Could always ship it to me and then drive it home. We have other customers in Colorado that come here for dyno tuning. Shipping from Colorado is typically around $750. A block replacement is likely somewhere between $6500 and $7500 done proper with forged pistons, etc. Dealerships are usually around $10k and you don't get anything other than stock. For turbos there's a LOT of upgrades that can make them significantly more reliable. 

GD

• Like 2

I learned of Super Rupair from this forum. From this site, do a search on "Rupair" and you'll see what others think, as well.

Our daughter lives near Boulder and on one of our trips there I checked out Super Rupair. The place was large and full of Subarus. It seems that they've outgrown the one location and there are now 2 of them. I believe the Yarmouth Ave. place is where I went.

They have quite a supply of used parts, too. My daughter's car had a cracked taillight. Instead of paying for a new one, they sold her a used one they had on hand for less.

Was told to ask for Trent. I've met him once when we had problems with a seat belt.

• Like 2