Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gonna need some slow help with issues that arrise as i go.

i have a 2004 h6 outback that was manual swapped and is 90% complete. there is something way off with the shiftier it will rock side to side like its in neutral even when its in gear and is very hard to find the correct gear when shifting. what parts do i need to fix this?

2nd does anyone know what wire coming out of the tcu i would have to cut and splice into the manuals speed sensor? does the ecu need to see the speed signal as well?

3rd the cars unhappy about the resistor trick that was used to trick the car into thinking the auto trans is still there would anyone happen to have a blown up h6 transmission they wouldent mind parting the electronics from?

4rth it wants to stall when coming to a stop and i had to adjust the idle up at the throttle body to stop this would anyone know what would need to be done to make it be right?

this is just to start with for now im sure ill run into more issues down the road but gotta start somwhere

Edited by sirtokesalot

Probably would be best to just get a LINK stand alone and punt the factory computer into the dumpster. That's never going to run correctly because Subaru never wrote ECU microcode for an H6 with a manual trans. That will fix all your problems except the linkage issue...... otherwise there's really no "making it right" since that's not a combination that was ever made in the first place. So there is no "Right". 

Standalone, dyno tune, throw the factory garbage in the dumpster. Replace the linkage. Done. 

GD

I just fixed my WRX's shifter for the same issue. You either need a new trunnion/shift u-joint, or new bushings in it. I put poly bushings in mine from TIC (Turn-In Concepts). I also upgraded the support rod front and rear bushings with Prothane parts. And I Upgraded the shift handle bushings.

Found a youtube video that helped and had a thread here with suggestions from others. It was a fiddly process but I am glad I did it.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan
  • Like 1