Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BRAT advise needed!

I currently have a 1982 BRAT GL as my project car. It has a new Weber carb and I recently did a transmission replacement. It drives really well and still has the bucket seats as well as the hidden “cyclops” headlight. Some of the blue paint is fading and there is a very small amount of rust on some of the body. It sat for who knows how long in a field but I’ve done all of the fluids and gotten it into driving condition. Now I need advise. I’m wondering if I should sell it (probably not), and if I did how much you all think I could get for it. I’m hoping because it’s the rare ‘82 with the 3rd headlight it would be worth a good amount. I’d love some guesses/estimations on prices I could get with the right buyer. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Ripp_the_BRAT said:

sell it (probably not)

If you’re already thinking this way you’ll regret ever selling it. 

Also if there’s little rust in it, fix this and keep it as rust free examples are quite hard to come by - and if you could buy another example it will never be the same as this first one of yours. 

My sentiments anyway. I’d only sell my Brumby if I was pushed really hard and needed to get out of a bad financial position. It’s a family member to me - not the same as one of my kids though ;) 

Cheers 

Bennie