Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheel bearing part# for loyale

I’m getting wheel bearings from McGuire bearings and hoping somebody can confirm the part number for me. 

Looking for the part number for the fronts  but if somebody knows a place for rears as well let me know. I was told McGuire won’t have those but should have the fronts. 

Also, are the inner and outer the same number? 

91 loyale with an ea82, push button 4wd. 

They are off the shelf electric motor/industrial bearings. 6207-C3. If you wanted shielded bearings those would be a 6207-ZZ-C3 or 6207-2Z-C3. If you want sealed (what I would recommend) you want a 6207-2RS-C3. Pull out the inner seals, wash out all the grease they come with and pack them with Amsoil waterproof grease. Leave the inner seals out only put a little grease in the pocket between the bearings. When operating you only want the whole assembly about 1/3 full of grease. 

And McGuire will have these on the shelf. You don't need to buy them from an auto parts supplier. These are industrial 6000 series radial ball bearings used in literally everything. If you want to be really slick use 7207 axial thrust bearings and set the preload with spacers. 

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder
  • Like 2

Awesome thanks!

That’s exactly the info I needed to be confirmed. 

Although, shouldn’t I be able to use the sealed ones (6207-2RS-C3) just as is directly from McGuire?
You’re just saying they would be even MORE robust with an amsoil product? But should still be a quality grease in a quality sealed bearing if they’re from McGuire right? 

They don't include enough grease for this application and it's not very good grease for this environment. And it's better if the grease is allowed to flow into the inner pocket and between the bearings. You will have more grease and it will stay cooler overall (just don't pack it completely full or it will overheat).

GD

• Like 4

What GD said. There’s simply not enough grease in these bearings from the packaging to get the best life usage out of them. If fitted directly from the packaging you can expect to be doing them again in a very short amount of time. 

Remove the inner seals and pack with quality grease as GD said and you’ll have many miles of use from them without issues, much like the original units.

The EA81 runs the same bearings as the EA82 up front and the same ones out the back too. The difference in the front kit is the oil seals are a different size. Rears *I think* from memory are the same seals.

Cheers 

Bennie