Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Auxiliary Lights On '14 Forester Mounting Options

Hello Everyone,

I have a 14 Forester and am looking to add some auxiliary lights to the vehicle.  I do not have an aftermarket bumper or anything else to mount to that would not be present on a stock vehicle.  What have you guys done?  Light pods?  Light bar?

Cheers

On 3/5/2022 at 3:46 PM, Daskuppler said:

Hello Everyone,

I have a 14 Forester and am looking to add some auxiliary lights to the vehicle.  I do not have an aftermarket bumper or anything else to mount to that would not be present on a stock vehicle.  What have you guys done?  Light pods?  Light bar?

Cheers

Interestingly I watched a mod list video on a crosstrek yesterday and they mounted some LED pod lights on a hood hinge bracket  that placed them at the hood corners. They looked like an aluminum aftermarket pre-cut bracket. maybe they fit the outback also? or they make a version for your car?

I'm not endorsing this channel or mods. Just a random subie video that happened to come up in my feed.

I just ordered a 30" Diode Dynamics bar.  It should fit on top of the crash bar behind the bumper cover so it's almost a factory look and is still somewhat protected from road debris.  It will add an additional 6,000 lumens.  If anyone is interested, I can follow up on this thread.