Ultimate Subaru Message Board

snorkle..??

hey im wondering how i should go about this. i want a snorkle so my car doesnt die in the water... again so should i put my air intake hose threw the side of the front quater panel and up to the roof or should i put the hose in my glove box and seal it so it wont leak and just keep glove box open ...

tnks

-Brandon

I do believe the inside snorkel could work, in an open top jeep perhaps. Not so much on a closed cabin subaru though. 2" PVC and a hole in the fender should do it. Might have to relocate the vacuum canister though thats near the fender (or where it might get cut).

Oh and attached is Qmans Snorkel pic.

post-2296-136027594521_thumb.jpg

Ya, I like the idea of hiding things a little. Thats why my snorkle is going to be grafted into the exoskeleton!!

I've heard of some people modifying ones made for like toyota's and whot not for other rigs (one was for a B210 datsun, :grin: ) Guess it's a matter of how much work you want to do, and how much dough you want to part with.,

The spare tire space stays very dry even when you swim up to your windshield. Before building an external snorkle, try a cone style filter inside a can in the spare tire space. Another method that's been done, is an intake off a Caravan...the filter can sits nicely in the spare tire space.

If you are going deep enough to need a snorkel lets not forget water proofing everything else :)

Ignition system comes to mind. Do our rear diffs have breathers? Dont want water in there etiher.

Time to invest in some dielectric grease and rubber gloves :)