Ultimate Subaru Message Board

boost leak

I've noticed over the past few weeks that my car isn't as zippy as it once was... Redlining it on my way to work this morning, I noticed that the boost pressure was about 2 psi less than normal, and the needle was fluttering, like shaking back and forth about half a psi.

This is probably a boost leak somewhere, right?

its a boost leak.

manny, pull the intercooler off and check the hose that connects the turbo to the bottom pipe of the intercooler.

might be a good time to replace the hoses for the bypass valve and mass air flow meter pipe as well...all of this might cost you $20 at home depot.

its a boost leak.

manny, pull the intercooler off and check the hose that connects the turbo to the bottom pipe of the intercooler.

might be a good time to replace the hoses for the bypass valve and mass air flow meter pipe as well...all of this might cost you $20 at home depot.

Hey Dennis, Good to see ya around. How ya doing? :D

My boost leak story goes as follows,

First run with the intercooler I would get a very noticable swishhhhhing noise on boost, didn't have a boost meter to see what the psi was.

yesterday I had a intake manifold vaccum come off, absolutly no extra noise but my max boost dropped from 6~7 to 3~4 psi, so I would say check your vaccum lines.

Good luck