Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello. Please humor me.

Hello, I have a 1987 GL-10 that I love. However, like many others the air ride is shot. When I first bought the car there was a step by step artical on the conversion. Does anyone still have that. I am trying to find a list of replacement parts needed as well

Thank You

Troy

Welcome to the board.

Had the same problem with a turbo wagon gl-10.

We got parts from a junk yard in oregon (west on the interstate of Boise)

Still have all the air ones and the parts. (Left rear went out)

You can try going to www.car-parts.com and looking for the parts to do the conversion.

Air compressor is located behind the right front fender (access through the plastic above the wheel) and the computer is under the drivers seat.

What part of Idaho are you in/from?

I'm in boise county.

Hush

if youre gonna start by buying NEW struts, make sure you come up with strut caps and springs too, as well as the proper tools.

if you pull them out of the junkyard the strut will obviously be assembled with the caps and springs-direct swap in

Welcome to the board.

Had the same problem with a turbo wagon gl-10.

We got parts from a junk yard in oregon (west on the interstate of Boise)

Still have all the air ones and the parts. (Left rear went out)

You can try going to www.car-parts.com and looking for the parts to do the conversion.

Air compressor is located behind the right front fender (access through the plastic above the wheel) and the computer is under the drivers seat.

What part of Idaho are you in/from?

I'm in boise county.

Hush

I am in Boise. Where are you in Boise County

you could also just go to a JY and find a good air shock.. Just use a bike pump with a pressure gauge and see if it will pump up. If so, extend the shock fully and apply silicone grease to the area where the bag sits (It rusts out and puncures the bag)