Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SERIOUS Gen I BRAT shoppers only please

Ladies and gentlemen,please read thoroughly...the whole post please,before replying.Thank you.

THere's a guy up this way with 2 Gen I's..... One(from AZ!!!) is a very solid car but has light surface rust.This is not the typical northeast rust.this vehicle is entirely treatable and can be made nice once again.The interior needs replacement for the most part.Same for paint,plastic and rubber parts...the usual sun baked wholesome un-goodness.....light blue w/black interior.

THe other is a daily driver type that is also very solid but from NY.This one I actually rode in and it was very sound.The engine is in very good shape and I believe has 106K on it.Dark green w/blk int.Has some mags with Saab centercaps.The mags I believe are Subaru,the 70's style I can't think of right now and am too busy to go looking.

"Subarufreak" and I were up there.I'll answer questions as best as I can or even call the guy for you.He doesn't want to deal with lots of people.He just recently lowered his price from $2500 for both down to $2000.

There's a few other parts to be tossed in as well.

Here's the wild part.And before you go ape,get in line.I might just get this item and sell the vehicles....or if there is great interest and an eventual buyer I'm working this piece in to be mine for the "handling/search fee",from him,not you.

The other piece is a fibreglass Gen II BRAT shell-yes full size,the REAL thing.He also has fibreglass doors and a hood to boot.

Calm down.....I know you're excited."Subarufreak" and I both agree that this should be made into a street ripper,not go into the woods to be destroyed after all that work.

FORGET about asking about the shell as a seperate buy...ain't happenin'...

I'll load up pictures later.The guy wants to deal through me.

Subarufreak and I need to get our heads together as we were both very interested.We might work out some deal and I'm pretty sure one of these will be available....the vehicles,not the shell if I have my way....or "SF" has his.

Talk to you guys later.

Damn Paul, You always seem to find really cool stuff. A Fiberglass BRAT??!! WoW!!! Someone had alot of time on their hands. That would totally kick rump roast with that 350HP EJ25 that was posted (EBAY) Street domination from an old Subaru BRAT. Bye Bye Mustangs,Camaros, Firebirds, Vette's, etc..

Paul, see if you can get some pics of this abnormality.

hahahaha.. paul, i thought you were trying to cut DOWN!

......uhhhh well uhhhh,I'm uhhh,like trying.....but this is a rather special piece which would make a simply intense ride.I'd settle for 300hp or even a little less and probably still be happy.Tube frame......ultra light.....yeeehaaaa.

Paul, you must be about vibrating by now.

Yup...like that.....I really wish I had the stinkin' 2grand.....arrrrgh.