Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wow, the rx is fast stock

i just drove my rx up and down the street (with out tags aswell), and wow, it is very quick, even bone stock and full of tools, parts, trash and a floor jack. all of this and the gas in the tank is roughly 6 years old. i cant wait to see how fast it will be when i get the td04 and intercooler put in. its gunna be a moster. hondas beware!!:grin::headbang:

Yes, they are fun

But be prepared to get your rump roast handed to you by any honda thats not a bottom of the line 20 year old POS

Fact, my daugthers 1991 Civic Si, stock except for the air intake and exhaust, is much faster than my built Brat and my stock Legacy turbo wagon.

Fact, my daugthers 1991 Civic Si, stock except for the air intake and exhaust, is much faster than my built Brat and my stock Legacy turbo wagon.

That must hurt a bit :-\. The civic si has 110hp and weighs 2200lbs I think, so I guess it would have the edge. The si is a bit of a special case though. Not representative of all POS hondas :-p

you also have to realize that honda civics only have like crap for torque. they dont even have enough torque to get outtat thier own way.

on a side note, ive been in a modded Si, nowhere near the accelleration i experianced this morning.

That must hurt a bit :-\. The civic si has 110hp and weighs 2200lbs I think, so I guess it would have the edge. The si is a bit of a special case though. Not representative of all POS hondas :-p

Naw, not at all. I get to drive it when no one is looking.:burnout:

you also have to realize that honda civics only have like crap for torque. they dont even have enough torque to get outtat thier own way.

on a side note, ive been in a modded Si, nowhere near the accelleration i experianced this morning.

I have owned stock and modded Subaru turbo's. They went OK, don't get me wrong. But...they are not muscle cars by any means. The gearing sucks and without mods they are just commuter cars.

Ahem...Qman, the only times I see you in it, is when your trying to find out whats wrong with it :brow: But seriously, for a Honda its pretty quick. And loud. I find it hard to believe that your Turbo Legacy cant keep up with it :-\

But back to topic. When $ flow gets better for me, I will be doing a few things to "Sid" to make it a tad more quicker.

Will, better get on the ball. You too Caleb.

You guys are giving me a great idea for an event…

The USMB Old School Subaru Shootout :burnout:

Just imagine all the top guys on the board get together to put up or shut up. Maybe a three event format, ¼ Mile, AutoX and RallyX, with individual and overall honors.

Whatta ya think... maybe at WCSS7? :brow:

Gary

You guys are giving me a great idea for an event…

The USMB Old School Subaru Shootout :burnout:

Just imagine all the top guys on the board get together to put up or shut up. Maybe a three event format, ¼ Mile, AutoX and RallyX, with individual and overall honors.

Whatta ya think... maybe at WCSS7? :brow:

Gary

Ooohh.. I like :)

wjm, i dont think they will let you drive the sti cause you will prolly just raise the bar for the rest of us. i love the idea of a shoot off, but as in the case of the east caost, its the east coast. when i am done ill be posting numbers and results from the "ghetto sti". it should kcik some mighty something or other.

now i just need money to finish it.