Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wow, the rx is fast stock

You guys are giving me a great idea for an event…

The USMB Old School Subaru Shootout :burnout:

Gary

OMG! :grin::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought this was pretty funny.

Any and all of your old school subbies and be plenty fast. All you guys need is what you have been doing (Intercooler, exhaust) and one extra thing. NITROUS!!!! Why haven't some of you utilized this? I would've been all over this had I had a EA81-T or EA82-T. I think a 60-75hp wet shot would do wonders for these cars.....and the tranny *cough*.

WJM.....I'm calling you out on this. What do you think your car will do in the 1/4? What does it do in the 1/4? I'll put up my XT6s timeslip up to your turbo. Either one of them. Muhahahaha! What do you say?

nitro is for loosers that use it as an excuse for bad tuning decisions. the only accepable reason to use it is when you have done everything possible to your engine and car to get hp and cant do anything else but nitrous. and its also a good way to destroy that engine that youve worked so hard on.

OMG! :grin::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought this was pretty funny.

Any and all of your old school subbies and be plenty fast. All you guys need is what you have been doing (Intercooler, exhaust) and one extra thing. NITROUS!!!! Why haven't some of you utilized this? I would've been all over this had I had a EA81-T or EA82-T. I think a 60-75hp wet shot would do wonders for these cars.....and the tranny *cough*.

WJM.....I'm calling you out on this. What do you think your car will do in the 1/4? What does it do in the 1/4? I'll put up my XT6s timeslip up to your turbo. Either one of them. Muhahahaha! What do you say?

Id say it does around 16.375 1/4....but i dont have a time slip. thats estimating with another RX's results...its heavier and has the same HP therea-abouts. I woudl estimate in the 15's somewhere with my GL-10 with Delta cams.

nitro is for loosers that use it as an excuse for bad tuning decisions. the only accepable reason to use it is when you have done everything possible to your engine and car to get hp and cant do anything else but nitrous. and its also a good way to destroy that engine that youve worked so hard on.

Watch your mouth, err, fingers soney.

You'er about to offend someone who knows a whole helluva lot more about N.O.S than you do.

While I agree that i will never use it on any of my engines, it IS a proven method of horsepower increasement. When used inthe proper manner, the engine will last for as long as you take care of it.

While running a 250 shot will certinly end the engines life shortly....a 50 shouldnt be worse than my foot to floor antics every day as comapred to running at the strip once a week with a 50 shot.

ive just seen what it can do in an accident or if used wrong

you hit a speed bumb and it could go kaboom, you hit the button an extra shot and the engine could go kaboom. too much risk for my liking, ill stick to taking my chances with the trees in the gravel roads here.

• 3 weeks later...

Now, whats all this honda bashing about? I think the rices out hondas are *** rump roast POS's (apologies to anybody offended by homophobic terminology), but hondas are not bad cars. I took my sister's 93 civic si hatch out at 3 in the morning for some fun (she left it at my house for some work, bad idea!) That car hauls rump roast. It handles nice, and acelerates wicked. I was shifting at about 6k, and that thing was getting over a buck on the backroads real easy. Its a rush to drive that car. I get pissed at random honda bashing. I think they are great cars. Pity they aren't 4wd.