Ultimate Subaru Message Board

im about to be steamin....

[RANT]

NO one takes us seriously. NO one gives us respect. It may SEEM that they do on the surface....its a cutious respect..."hey, lets give him something...dont want to be an rump roast to him..." kinda respect. After that...FORGET it. You dont get an inch more.

Well, im THIS >< close to just letting it all out on the next person who doubts me or whatever, just have all the steam built up in me about this, righ out on'em.

I've really just about had it. Im THIS >< close to just spening every single penny ive got instead of doing it slowly and leeping other things going first.....

And im not about to give up the battle and say..."Eh, ive had enough...I'll get a WRX/STi...then I'll be taken serously and respected more...."

NO WAY suckas.

All the stops are gonna be pulled out. Ive had it.

Your WRX's and STi's are MINE. Soon to be OWNED by the GL-10 of WJM.

No more will I be dis-respected or doubted. I CAN drive, and despite what they think...I CAN drive BETTER than them. (i do admit, there are quite a few that can drive much better than I. Mostly....the others dont have it at all. Sure they can point the car...gas and brake and shift like 'normal'....but the skill to really DRIVE...is not with them)

All the stops and bugs are commin out. Prepare to suck vacuum.

[/RANT]

:burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

Edit: this thread does not apply tho those who have Impreza/Legacy and have an EA82 and believe in it.

hehehe i think they were just doubtin you to push u in the right direction... like when my brother says im to ***** to go paintballing when im 6... well now ur pissed so its gonna happen... muahahahaha i cant wait for the day when you smoke em. Part of my fury towards WRX's is due to this kid at my school. he just turned 16 and his dad buys him a brand new WRX. He crashes it but doesnt break much like the 4th day he owns it. At least i have the decency to buy a $950 car to crash before i go get a $20k+ (i donno how much they are for sure) Anyways man... id love to see you smoke one so power to ya.

i obviously belive in my ea82t wjm or else i would not go to all the trouble of what i have been trying to do...

oddly enough i toyed with wrx yesterday in fact.. and he did not even try to play after i got around him due to traffic and then walked away.. aand i am pretty dam sure he coulda walked me ..

but perhaps it was the fear of the unknown that kept him from playing :)

perhap[s the 2.5 inch dia piece of exhaust thats before.. and visible after my muffler that led him to think otherwise...

perhaps it was the fact that a mere station wagon witht he turbo lettering was playing around that made him feel like ... maybe there is more there than it looks...

i like to think so...

but the real truth is.. he prolly just didn't ive a rats ***** about my wagon and thought it was justa high mileage joke :)

my 3at ea82t may never be close to a wrx .. but i am dam sure gonna try :)

so keep up the good fight

now excuse me i have a ignition to finish w00t!

Will, I understand completely what you are feeling. Its the same everywhere. The trick is to infiltrate, become friends with a select few, then reap the benefits of their hand me downs. They like to spend money, and do things new, so there are lots of oppurtunities to pick up used stuff.

I've picked up:

SAFC - $125

RS struts - $free.

WRX IC - $100 (way back when that was a cheap price)

TD04 - $150 (guy even bought me lunch)

Turbo Timer - $35

BOV - $90 (Go Fast Bits 50/50)

One on one, I can usual make people understand what its all about. This sunday, my "team" is putting on a charity import car show at a local burger joint. No doubt there will be tons of WRX's, STI's, MItsu's, Audi's, etc... I'll be pimpin' the wagon, showing them what it takes to be unique, and passionate about something.

I can proudly say, I'm probally going to be the only car there that has been in a magazine. How many people can say that? Its freaking badass someone put a picture of the wagon in a import mag, because it was so unique!

PS. EA82T for life... well, atleast until its really fast and handles well. Then stay tuned for an EJ20G powered fmic'd XT coupe.

Please heed my advice and if you get a WRX-STI don't mess with the engine to try and make it go faster.They go fast enough from the factory and if you don't know what you are doing you will stuff the car.The models we get do 240kmph I think thats fast enough.Not one to put you off ,but high performance means high maintainance.Keep it simple and leave the car standard.They have more power and speed than most.

Regards Kevin

[RANT]

NO one takes us seriously. NO one gives us respect. .

I know what you mean. When I go looking for parts or do a modification and people ask what kind of car is it for and, I say a Loyale. I always get the eye roll unless they are some one who has owned a subaru ,and then of course they understand.

Same thing at the auto cross. I was the only station wagon , but my times where keeping pace with the Mazda Miatas.I think I changed some opinions that day.

I know I could change almost anyones opinion about my beater subaru (and I have) if they go for a ride down a gravel road or a ice covered street going fast in control.

Basically I'm not afraid to rally my car because it's not worth that much.I don't care if I chip the paint or get a big scratch. If I had a wrx I would be worried I was going to wreck a $20k car. so I would proably bady it.But with the loyale I get to drive the car to it's full potential.

i love my rx and my 2.5RS. i still am trying to get my rx on the road and drive the impreza everyday.

its even hard getting respect with the rs, let alone the rx. the owner of a performance shop cringes averytime i walk in the door, he knows what i need will be either very difficult to find or just a pita to make. its even hard to get parts for the impreza, unless i need wrx parts.

not a thrasher yet. hangs with them. when I had the stiff springs in...an STi could barely get away from me on the Dragon. Strights was where he got me...duh...me no IC and all stock but intake and cat back. Now: WRX IC, even more tweaked intake, and redone 2.5" cat back and gutted cats. The pipe from the 1st to second cat is redone as well...2" instead of all the factory BS that was about 1.5". Still needs some serious flow work on the exhaust header and the turbo...intake manifold and throttle body. more eficient turbo...about 14 PSI and its ready to match WRX's to 100 MPH.

WJMGL10.jpg

vvvrrrrooommmmmm, dangit. ill be stomping you when im done, :lol: . i just need to find a way to finish the car. my car will beat all when i finish it, its just going to take a litle while.i have almost all the parts i need, i just need to find a few more little things. next few parts will include ignition coil, injectors(i hope), lightend pulleys, maybe some better cams. lighten the car a bit more, roll the fenders out a bit to tuck the tires i have, lower the car a bit. hmmmm, there a few more things i need to get and do with the car, but soon, it will be the greatest.

I feel your pain brother. I have a friend who ends just about every car-describing sentence with "it's faster than your Subaru" and it really bugs me. And the people that are like "Oh, it's just a Subaru what's the big deal".. I usually fire back with "It's just a HONDA what's the big deal"... I can't wait to see what you have in the works!