Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I ordered 5 quarts of high mileage synthetic Valvoline oil on Amazon and an oil filter.  They did not mix up the oil, but the filter was the wrong one.  What's with their vehicle matching algorithm for auto parts?  You click on brand of vehicle and model and year and the matches fail.   So I ended up biking down to Auto Zone because I was in the middle of the oil change with oil and filter out; they actually had an OE Subaru oil filter for about $12!

I attempted to have Damitzon send correct parts twice only. Both times they screwed things up & there was a far too distant delivery date.

Their search algorithms suck, plain and simple. Save yourself the headache and stress.

• Like 1

Only order with a specific part number. I’ll look at Advance or Autozone for the correct part number and then see who has the best price. You also have to watch out for counterfeit parts on Amazon.

I do buy auto parts on Amazon sometimes. But I never look it up there. I usually start with an OEM number (VIN specific catalogs for many makes on www.partsouq.com), interchange and double-check on rockauto.

There are a lot of counterfeit parts on Amazon and eBay, so be very wary of that. If you care what brand you're getting, don't go there. Spark plugs and filters are the worst.

Also. OEM filters list for $9.58 from Subaru.