Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any STI (04-07) Collectors or owners of Ultra low mileage original examples?

Wondering if anyone here is , knows of, or is friends with any owners / collectors/ etc of a 04-07 sti that is all original and as close to “new” low mileage as possible. I couldn’t afford one when new and have been looking for one that’s as close to new as possible for nearly a decade now. Would love to chat if anybody knows someone who has one or owns one themselves. Maybe someone knows of a Subaru dealer who withheld one when it was new back in the day!

thanks 

Yikes ! I just scrolled down Dave’s link. $300+ K?? A few over $100K and the heap of the still well into five figures. 

That’s why I stay old school. 

No sense being pretentious about it. It’s gotten stupid. 

40 years ago we would scan the papers looking for that special model etc. Some were unaffordable but not to the point of being as costly as your home. 

CS - good luck. If that’s your thing and your dream then I hope you’re able to achieve it. 

35 minutes ago, moosens said:

Yikes ! I just scrolled down Dave’s link. $300+ K?? A few over $100K and the heap of the still well into five figures. 

That’s why I stay old school. 

No sense being pretentious about it. It’s gotten stupid. 

40 years ago we would scan the papers looking for that special model etc. Some were unaffordable but not to the point of being as costly as your home. 

CS - good luck. If that’s your thing and your dream then I hope you’re able to achieve it. 

I mean, the top 5 are all 22Bs (425 made worldwide in 1998, zero brought to the US). 17 of the next 19 are S209s (209 made for 2019, all delivered in the US). The top of the normal production cars are low mileage STis for 60kish. These were 35k cars new, 20 years ago. So double for the best of the best handful of examples sound about right.

BAT is very high demand right now, and commands some serious money for clean examples of almost anything. I mean, here's a 1978 Brat that sold for $46k...

Yeah I’m familiar with the $47k Brat , it sits up the road in Branford CT up on a loft you can’t get to. 

Ok sure you did straighten me out on that. I guess the numbers you present aren’t so bad but historically to an older guy like me it’s gotten stupid. 

And I feel that way about that Brat too. I’ve seen enough of it to know it’s not as it came from the dealer. Yet so low miles. Hmmm. To me that was someone who was connected with the warehouse in Cherry Hill. But also parts that don’t belong.  But that didn’t matter to two guys with too much money. 

Good luck to the person seeking to spend $60K on anything built after the GM influence and with a turbo. My opinion. If you’ve got the money power to ya! 

The infamous Brat and many other interesting and rare Subarus can be seen at the main location of Premier Subaru easy to reach in Branford CT 

I was just Premier again and saw the Brat and the rest. If anyone has the one you’re looking for I’d bet this guy does. I’ll ask next time but you know it won’t be for sale. 

Good luck. I hope I can spill some magic over to you my friend. After many decades it appears I may/will finally have the two or maybe three vintage Subarus I’ve wanted back in my life for decades. This coming month I should be making it all happen. Hope the same light shines on you ! 

• Like 1