Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Second Gen Brat Windshield Rubber replacement

Hello all,

I've been restoring my 1986 brat and at the point where I need to replace my windshield and the gasket is starting to crack. I saw a previous thread where people were saying 2nd gen gaskets are still available. Unfortunately I cannot find one and local windshield company or safelight can't find the gasket. So I am stumped on where to even find one. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you :)

20231021_123922.jpg

Thank you for the link! It says they don't ship internationally, but never hurts to ask. Yeah I would be shipping to the US.  I'll reach out to them later today

Cult Cricket - I’m guessing is still around here too, he has one on eBay right now. Not cheap. 

So here’s a story for you gen two kids. We folks from the Historic forum have long ago , twice ordered from PRP and had batches of 50 freshly made. I handled the bulk of it and I think pretty much the whole second batch. 

Try them and any other rubber seal manufacturer that may exists. But try PRP first. Precision Replacement Parts. They have a few locations but I think the main office is in the PNW 

You may get lucky like we did. The mold may still exist. 

Good luck! 

For reference ours worked out to less than $50 and with shipping I’m pretty sure everyone paid around $12-18 shipping tops. I think the number for the gaskets worked out to like $39 and change each. 

If you can cover that batch of fifty and sell them on eBay or better places you’d make plenty enough to cover the effort GOING BY CURRENT PRICES. We did things as a club/group of enthusiasts so there was no real profit. Just a few cents over for gas , etc. 

I don’t have a current contact. Our last guy moved up from sales. I’ll check around and see if I’ve got any receipt. But that was too many years ago. Just try them and they’ll have a sales rep handle your inquiry. Present yourself as a group and know you’re buying a lot of 50 or more. 

If they can create the order they’ll likely also stock a batch in their own inventory like they did with ours. WCR-288 is the First Gen gasket. 

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody call, put up some money, and you’ll have a product you can sell at a fair percentage more without being greedy and still being kind to both parties. 

Or be the greedy seller and ask a fortune.

Smelly wet floors in your classic car are Not cool.