Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 gl inner control arm / ball joint bushing part number

hey! trying to find a part that fits - the part number listed #621108170 as the OEM part doesn’t fit, neither does the aftermarket part. pretty sure they’re the original control arms based on the parking brake line fit. thoughts? help?

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Numbchux said:

EA81 or EA82? FWD? 4WD?

I would’ve thought EA82 at least since the title says 1986 GL. 

In saying that I was confused as to what part he was looking for until I searched that part number that gave a better description. 

Now we wait for a reply I guess. 

Cheers 

Bennie

On 7/11/2024 at 6:00 PM, el_freddo said:

I would’ve thought EA82 at least since the title says 1986 GL. 

In saying that I was confused as to what part he was looking for until I searched that part number that gave a better description. 

Now we wait for a reply I guess. 

Cheers 

Bennie

EA81 Hatches and Brats were still sold here in the US through 87, both with GL and DL trim levels. That's a common problem when getting parts for 85-87 models in the US, as many listings are not clear about which chassis is which.

We reference the EA81/EA82 to differentiate the models - mainly between the brumby parts and the EA82 stuff, somehow they still manage to get them mixed up without the engine reference… we typically don’t reference the DL/GL spec as that’s usually a trim level thing mainly.

Cheers 

Bennie

• 2 weeks later...

24mm was the diameter for EA81 lower control arm bush unless the original bush set-up's outer mild steel sleeve has been remove. Then it becomes a 28mm bush you need. EA82 is the 28mm bush. Get in touch with Doug at the DRW bush address supplied above and he will help - he started of his bush design and production for the Subaru community so knows his stuff.