Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 BRAT parts

Dear all,

I need ASAP the screws and nuts to fix the exhaust manifolds on the cylinder heads .

My idea was to order on Rockauto, but I don’t find the parts...

Could you help me ? It is very urgent

Thank you so much

Over here we are lucky to have a place called the Nutty Company. I’m pretty sure you can look them up and order online too. 

They have most everything for nuts and bolts and more.

What I did not very long ago was purchase a threaded rod. I cut pieces based on the one good stud I had left from original. And of course I got stainless nuts to go with them. I don’t recall if they had aluminum rod. I’m pretty sure mine is steel. So I’ll keep an eye on those going forward. 

Good luck. You can also try the west coast and dry zone dealers. They may still have them around. 

Been a while since I’ve run an EA81 so I’m not sure why they’re showing that top picture which looks like two large washers. My eyes are older and I’m on a phone. 

But for sure the lower picture is correct for the Y pipe (header) to the engine heads. 

I’ve just discussed by phone with the technician who works on my Brat.

He says there are ‘spacers’ between the Y pipe and the cylinder heads.

He needs to replace the gaskets between these  spacers and the cylinder heads.

do you know what i’m Talking about ?

Those spacers can be fun. I hope he’s got a good torx kit and that your bolts holding those spacers down are in good condition. Not fun. 

All the best with it. I’ve not had the gasket under the spacers leak, ever. Mind you, that’s only going by two EA81 engines in our family. 

Cheers 

Bennie