Ultimate Subaru Message Board

C'mon Amanda or Ken! Let's see those pics!

We took 3 of our offroad soobs to Evans Creek and did a couple of fairly difficult trails. I wanna brag about how cool Ken's Brat is with his t-case and solid rear, but want pics to prove. He let me drive it down and back up one of the hill climbs, whooboy, those are some low gears!

But my hatch went everywhere it did, no dents no overheating, no problems.

There was about 10 of us there. Eric, Ken/Son, Tex/GF, Amanda, Danbob99, Matt, Will(newb), Brian in his Yota Landyacht, and me in my Mazda. Didnt get to see to much action from Kens Brat, I was in front of him. Had a hard time keeping up with Eric in his Hatch tho, I was a little leary of body damage. Which I did fix(kinda) today, it looks better than it did :rolleyes:

Sorry for taking so long. I got home Saturday and went to bed after yet another 36 hour day. Sunday was spent on my Bro-in-laws boat.

The run was excellent. First, let me say that Eric, Tex, Rob, and Brian did indeed do everything the Brat did. However, I just seemed to have a much easier time of things. It ran flawlessly, well except for the cooling fan deciding to act up. Glad I threw that gallon of coolant/water in the tool box. And a slight brake issue that I'll go over later.

I have discovered why Jeeps, 'yota's and others go so slow. THEY CAN! Locked up in the rear and open in the front seemed to be a good combination. We went on a couple of the most difficult trails at Evans Creek. And, frankly, they bordered on boring.

A couple of things need to be improved on but the for most part it worked great. Now, I just have to relearn how to drive it again. I killed it a few times because I was trying to go too slow.

Anyway, here's the link to my album. Keep in mind that I was driving and didn't want to stop to take pics. And we didn't take any pics of upper 311. It was an experience that I just chose not to share. But Eric can vouch for it.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=572

envy sinks in deep.... :slober:

sweet!! really like how it's looking! are those death blocks on the rear axles :confused:

definately nice to have that t'case!! it saves a lot of headach out in the rock beds of arizona and saves the clutch too!! hmmm.... can't wait till i get back and start up on little roo again...

need more flex pictures!! :D

your car is now the background of this gov't computer! i'll slowly brainwash the corp into offroad subaru's... :)