Ultimate Subaru Message Board

source for EA82 rear disc calipers? (uncut lines)

Rear Calipers: 1985 Subaru GL $79 each $69 core charge

Rear Soft Lines: $15 each

They can also do any custom softlines you want. I had some 2' ones made with the Subaru metric fittings I needed.

Local brake warehouse here: www.brakeplace.com

Only problem I had was they dont stock backing plates which I needed for converting my drums. Ended up going to a junkyard and grabing the calipers, rotors/hubs and backing plates.

That sucks your local yards cut the lines. Lazy sons of goats! Here they punch holes in the oil pans and tranny pans cuz they are too lazy to unscrew the plugs to drain the fluids! :banghead:

Around here they cut the y-pipes up to remove the cat :banghead:. If I go to the farther out yards in the country, I can find y-pipes that are complete. Still a pain if I need one.

GD

Same here :confused: The EPA says its illegal to sell used cats so most yards cut them out or wont sell them. IIts harder to find a Y pipe around here than it is a turbo!

That's really why I HAD to go with custom exhuast for so long. Couldnt get a used one and a "new" one was $200-$400. Finally got ahold of an EA81 Y pipeand spacers for my EA82 SPFI.