Ultimate Subaru Message Board

w00000t!!!! Good News about my turbowagon

Well, today I pulled the motor outta the turbowagon to do the clutch and the heads. Got the heads off (Broke the long manifold bolt off on BOTH sides :banghead: ) and discovered that I do NOT have a cracked head as I previously thought, rather both head gaskets were blown, in the same spot, into the combustion chamber. I'll post pics tomorrow when I can scan the gaskets to show ya'll (Y'all?) what I mean.. So as soon as I figure out how to get the damn broken bolts out, and get 'em replaced with STAINLESS STEEL, those heads will migrate to Jessica's car's original motor (Funny, the original motor with 319K on it runs 10x better and doesn't leak oil everywhere, like the replacement motor which has 159K on it.....) and my Gen2 heads I have that I got from the boneyard, which are good, will be going on my car :-) And if I can find a *%*$&$*@ XT6 Flywheel it'll be getting that, otherwise it's getting the clutch off the motor I got the heads off of (looks relatively new....)