Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bs

This is from another site. I know a couple of you have seen it. The guy claims to be a 15 year Subaru tech, but I have to call BS on this.. 13s with nothing but raised boost? and has anyone actually tried to get the full 15psi from a VF7?

I Have turned boost 'in standard trim' to 11 Psi with no Cooler and Pulled Cyl Head Bolts from the Block, ONE PRODUCT....VHT TORQUE-TIGHT-COPPER-GASKET-SPRAY, NEXT PRODUCT, (a bit tricky first time round), RE-COIL THREAD INSERTS or 'Porsche-Type' CASE-SAVERS, trouble is, if you do it yourself, (is there any other way?), it is awkward to get the 'TWO INSERTS' to 'align themselves so-as a bolt, (11x1mm from memory), will pass through both without friction, (enemy when torquing.....DER!). That's what I DID, THENM TURNED THE BITCH UP TO 15 PSi, DISCONNECTED FUEL CUT AND RAN LOW 13's with standard ENG management!! Ended up popping the C/Wheel in a 31 Spline EFI 82 Series BOX!!!! Chucked it all away, (sold it to a HILL CLIMB FRIEND), and bought the 95 REX.....but that's another story.........