Ultimate Subaru Message Board

silly honda with a bottle

ok so this is just a silly street race story. not my usual thing but it cracked me up.

we are on a large express way and I am behind a slamed integra going 30MPH in a 45 zone. I got tired of it and went around him. At the next light he was behind me. when we took off he romped around me and cut me off. I was mildly insulted. then he proceded to run away as quick as he could. Well... I could not help my self. I started chasing him. It was a good distance beween lights and I was only a couple of car lengths behind the whole way. at one point it smelled funny(his car) at the next light he was flipping his rear seat up. My navigator is a Ex street racer. he is rather sure that he was "squeezing" NOS on me.

I was verry amused. I would really expect to get spanked by a smaller VTEC car:rolleyes: on the baby bottle. but he never really pulled that far ahead.

now please note I am runing a turbo on its last lag blowing oil at stock boost.

I really need to get my TDO4 installed. :-\

This is no kind of street racing endorsement. I still feel its a stupid thing to do. The street we were on was clear all the way to the next light with no side streets or pedestrian traffic.

Yeah - it's the closed deck 2.2, so it's good to over 400 from what I hear. I may make some adjustments after it's been fitted - probably at least an IC - that's just easy power. First though, my friend who owns the car needs to decide what will replace it. Currently it's his daily. Gonna make some people sick when I cut the car up for it's drive-train. Hehe. Only has 110k on it. AFAIC, all Subarus are parts for my Brat....

GD

Well, since we are posting silly street racing stories...

I managed to beat up a riced out accord.

I was sitting at a light and this kid with a kazoo exhaust was throwing revs and being silly. Being the smart @ss that I am, I reved back. Mind you, I don't have a kazoo exhaust, what i do have is a muffler that is rusted off and a pipe that has 6 rust holes in it, and those are just the ones I can count. So the 83 sounds fairly mean right now. Anyway, riceboy looks over and asks if I want to go. I said "Sure! I know a good spot. Follow me!". I took him to this ugly little dirt road that only has one or two houses on it. It winds around a lot and did I mention it was ugly? I mean U G L Y. Pot holes everywhere to the point that the road was ALMOST smooth again because the potholes were starting to overlap. Know what I'm talking about? So I pulled on to this little road and told him "It winds around a bit and comes out on this xxx road. Winner waits for the loser?" He said sure, I pulled the handle and drove off. Well, ok...it wasn't exactly "driving off" :burnout: .I waited a good 10 or 15 minutes for him, but he didn't show. Either he got sutck, broke something or turned back. Not sure which. Doesn't really matter I suppose.

That was a couple weeks ago. Ran across the same kid a couple days ago and he called me a name that, I believe, starts with A, ends with E and has an H in the middle. Any guesses?

I mean U G L Y. Pot holes everywhere to the point that the road was ALMOST smooth again because the potholes were starting to overlap.

I would call that road BEAUTIFUL. Especially if you can bust a nice 4 wheel drifts around the bends. :banana:

reminds me of that time my crap little loyale smoked a camaro z28:grin:

of course it was going uphill

on ice

and i was in 4wd

but it did happen

Nothing to be ashamed about. I still talk about how I beat William Reed in the 600 meters when we were both in high school. Of course, I wasn't a sprinter (5K man) and was thrown into that race at the last minute. He pulled a hammy and didn't finish. I came in last in my heat, but I still beat him:brow:

For those of you who don't know who William Reed is, he was a track stud who holds the High School record for the 400 meters (46.84).

At least most of the teenie weenie hoopdie kids will eventually grow out of it, or at least daddy's money will dry up.

If you have the opportunity, tease the 2" clearance Civic hoopdie into a race on fresh pavement. Watch them back out, not wanting to damage the kit that costs more than three of my vehicles combined.

Personally, I like parking them in with my beatup nissan pickup. They're not going to risk damaging the paint by pressing it against my old truck. Even better if they have to be oh-so-suave in front of a love interest climbing across those racing seats to get to the driver's side. Much better if you have a friend to park on the other side.

I'm really a nice guy, honest...

I took him to this ugly little dirt road that only has one or two houses on it. It winds around a lot and did I mention it was ugly? I mean U G L Y. Pot holes everywhere to the point that the road was ALMOST smooth again because the potholes were starting to overlap. Know what I'm talking about?

I've had dreams about doing this :drunk:.

reminds me of that time my crap little loyale smoked a camaro z28:grin:

of course it was going uphill

on ice

and i was in 4wd

but it did happen

LOL

reminds me of that time my GL smoked my friends '77 big block powered (460 i think) lincoln continental

on loose gravel

in 4wd

etc.

Personally, I like parking them in with my beatup nissan pickup. They're not going to risk damaging the paint by pressing it against my old truck. Even better if they have to be oh-so-suave in front of a love interest climbing across those racing seats to get to the driver's side. Much better if you have a friend to park on the other side.

I'm really a nice guy, honest...

I was at the rental place one time, and some ricer had decided he didnt' want his pretty paint scratched, so he parallel parked across like, four spaces (it wasn't a parallel parking area). Oh how I wished that someone else had been with me to park real close behind him, and then I know I would have sat there and laughed my tailshaft off watching him creep forward, then back, trying to get out.. I love it when someone parks sideways across two or three spaces to keep from getting scratched.. Used to see it all the time at school, and when I was driving the 4x4, I would usually squeeze in next to them as close as I could get.. I didnt' care if they keyed my car or hit it going out cuz it was the 4X4 anyway...

You know...I really hate people that can't frickin' park! Just tonight I was delivering pizza to this "family". White trash stoners all around, right? So I get there and pull in to the driveway. There was nowhere to park on the street. I get out and I'm handing the lady her pizza when her asshat kid whips in behind me, parks, shuts his car off and goes inside. The lady pays me and says she'll go get him to move the car. I said "Oh don't bother. I can get out."

I had to do a little bit of maneuvering in the driveway, but then I dropped it into 4-lo and drove right up and over a 4-foot embankment back up to the street. When I looked back down, there they all were with their mouths hanging open. I laughed all the way back to the store. Frickin' open-mouth breathers!!!!

(dirt road story)
nice. i'll bet he made it 20 feet.

i was driving on a 2 lane road wide enough for 4 but stiill, only two. some $%^#$% in a 70s jaguar rolled up next to me at the light after passing two other cars. i chose that as an excellent excuse to put the brat in 4wd and beat him off the line at the green.. two wrongs DO make a right, after all. :rolleyes:

apparently having a mullet and a jaguar make you feel as if you own the road! i have to wonder if that makes losing off the line to a brat a little bitter.

he tried to pass me a couple of times but somehow there wasn't quite enough room (heh) so then he went into the wrong lane and passed, against oncoming traffic. what a jerk. after that i felt bad for bringing out the jerk in him, because of the oncoming traffic. which reminded me "why i don't street race."

LOL

reminds me of that time my GL smoked my friends '77 big block powered (460 i think) lincoln continental

on loose gravel

in 4wd

etc.

you're right, the 77 lincoln was a ford 460 big block. my dad used to drive nothing but 78 towncars. gained most of my ability as a mechanic (which is not too much) working on those cars.

I outran a toy tundra 3 times in a row: at the light, around a corner (DUH), and up a nice long hill. I finaly let up after I hit the speed limiter. That little toy was about 5 or 6 wagon lenths away. Not bad for a 3500lb car with a 2.5L flat four. EJ25s ROCK! Too bad I kan't get the ricers to race me. I tell 'em: I know of this long and wide road off hiway 80 called Middle March Road. Not too many houses and no blind corners........ as soon as I say dirt, they back out.:banghead:

I HATE EJ25s. Moosens can explain...my '99 Forester got trounced. Twice. In ten minutes. And I was only trying to keep up with him.

'88 XT coupe--out of sight

'87 GL Turbo wagon--finally caught up with him (Paul) ten miles later

'99 Forester--left in the dust.

Paul was trying to follow someone that screwed him out of a car and a set of alloys...I was following him back to his shop up I95...and the Forester just didn't have it in it. That's just one more reason why I'm looking into an XT or an RX right now.