Ultimate Subaru Message Board

brat electrical problem

I went to drive my brat yesterday and when I started it I noticed that the "stop light" and "brake fluid" lights and the red warning light next to the battery all stayed on (even with the engine running, and ebrake off and topped off brake fluid and the battery gauge a little above 12).

and when I used my turn signals, they would stay on, no flashing.

I checked all my lights (no blown bulbs) and they work fine except the signals not flashing and those 3 lights on the panel.

any ideas as to what this is, maybe that "thing" that makes them flash broke?

but then what about the panel lights?

There is a stoplamp checker module, a silver can about the size of a salt shaker, it plugs in the harness behind the plastic trim on the back wall of the cab. If it fails it can do all sorts of funny things to the lighting system. Then again, it cold be an abrated harness. But try swapping that module first.

sorry for the really late reply, but I have been very busy with college.

I am mainly using the loyale for the drive from my house to the college, driving my brat only once or twice a week

I will get around to checking out my problem soon, starting with getting the battery and alt checked.

thanks. - AK