Ultimate Subaru Message Board

it's been a sad week for me, but it's getting better *PICS*

well on tuesday night got a ride over to eugene to pick up my car. got the rear axle replaced headed on my way.

well just to add to my bad luck i was going 75-80 and noticed i had really low oil pressure. then came the lifter noise and....CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK:banghead:

got my car towed and inspected the damage the next morning. i threw a rod and put a 7"x4" hole in my block!!!:eek: (i will post pics later tonight) there was big chunks of my block everywhere and I tore the pistons up to all hell

so that put me in a nice delima with the show being this weekend. so last night randy and justin helped sooooo much by helping me to quickly yank my motor and strip it down to the short block. being an awesome guy that he is, Mike is letting us take the motor out of one of his wagons. this will gaurentee us a running block. i had to take grayhound back to bend this morning to work and will go back to finish up the car tonight. then drive back to bend and head up to HR tom. SO EVERYONE the rx wagon will be there but i doubt it will be all pretty and still be missing all the dash trim:)

No oil pressure. No oil=blowed up.

same thing happened to my friend's wrx engine.didnt check to see if it had oil when he took it to the track. then he elt a freind drive it, the guy dogged it. now the re is a hole worn through the side of the piston that you can slide a penny through.

that rod is snaked from boost or predetonation, from the looks of it.

i bet you chucked a rod under boost:brow: then you lost oil pressure because of it. once the lower rod end lets loose, ALL of your ouil shoots out of that rods oil galley, and gives you no oil pressure.

timing screwed, too much booost, not enough fuel?

It is intercooled. I'm sure it was intercooled when it blew. I'm thinking the block was already bad. Remember, he got this out of a RX parts car. Even if he did reseal it (not sure if he did or not) if the block already has damage it will still fail when you start to flog your new turbo swap.

It now has a good carb shortblock underneath the turbo heads. And its a 3.9 ratio. Its going to be quick.

Oh, I did see it running to.