Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hatch Brat

Hi Everybody This is Jerry, as a few of you guys know i am building my lifted hatchbrat. I took it to the show and got alot of really cool compliments about it. If you want to see a picture it is on the older subarus title official wcss6 picture thread. The first one from Syphon click on album 274 it is on page 3 # 42. Let me know what you think. I built the 4 inch lift, the 14x6 wheels, the bumpers, and the back wall is out of a brat, the rool bar is 3 inch and the exhaust stacks are 3 inch and they do work. It has a EA81 engine with a EA82 intake and webber carb. also 5 speed dual range tranny, rear disc and LSD. Oh it also on board air for the air horn. I know other people also took pictures but i haven't seen them. Thanks Jerry

Yeah, I had talked to you about that. Maybe next year, you could bring those spare parts and we'll see ya do it! I'm also sure we all wouldn't mind chipping in and offering up parts of our own to see the beast in action:grin: Anyway, I completely understand why you didn't go for it as I was totally unsure I was going to make it out unscathed in my white Brat. I took a big gamble running the pit, I had a bad oil leak, a torn cv boot, and a broken pcv valve. Anyway, I made it back ok!

Sounds like a plan to me, Jerry already has an axle coming from me, and with the way my schedule looks, I won't be able to get it to him until next show time. Hehe. I too am going to bring more parts next year. If'n I can find the time to make spares for everything that might break. Hehehe :brow:

Hi Chris This is Jerry, yes i made the wheels that are on my hatchbrat. The outter wheel shells came from rock stompper. com in colordao. The inside part started out as 3 eights inch flat iron then cut them out with computer plasma cutter. Then i centered them up in the lathe welded them together. I have about 10-12 hours apeice in them and i made 5 of them lots of time. I wanted to be different and thats why i made a hatchbrat different. Thanks Jerry

Hi Everybody This is Jerry, i was driving my hatchbrat today and i guy in a sammi was following me. I drove all around town taking odd streets going around circles sure enough when i pull into the parking lot he was behind me. The guy had to ask what is it, he never seen anything like it. Now he wants to build one he really likes it. Thanks Jerry