Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The ultimate fuel additive

Hey guys

I've been suffering from denotation for the last few months because the town I live in only have 85 octane gas. I went down to the local fuel dock where the barges come in and unload fuel, and found out about some awesome fuel additive to make up for that lost octane.

Its called Valvetech Octane Improver. Theres about 30 guys that run that stuff in Marine Power 496 gas engines with water jet propulsion and its the only stuff thats kept the engines running. All the other octane boosters on the market was blowing these engines apart.

So I bought a bottle. 8 bucks for a bottle that treats 125 gallons. it made my engine run a lot better (no more detonation all the way up to 14 degrees advanced on a carbed engine) my fuel milage went up from 275 miles a tank to 300+ miles a tank. The power improvement is the best part of it. I was losing power at 4500 RPM before I used this stuff. Tested her out last night and I was getting power up to 5500 RPM.

I reccomend this stuff to any of you guys who live where we get only low octane gas. Hit me up if you guys want to know more info about Valvetech

hey subyrally, since we're on the east coast, we dont really have crappy gas. theres like 2 gas stations around here that sell 94 octane. i dont know what kinda subie you have, but if youre having problems with detonation, you should be able to get at least 93 octane instead of using a gas additive with 87 octane.

Nope I have nothing to do with valvtect.

http://www.valvtect.com/products.asp#Opi

at the bottom of the page.

The problem with the gas down here is that it is barged into town. There is no road in and out of here. They have to let the fuel sit and settle for like 2 weeks after they fill the main tanks back up. So the overall fuel we get here is crappy. Only "87" octane is offered at the one gas station in town and I doubt if its even 85.

i dont have detonation problems, but my car still runs like crap on regular, the two extra octane points really seem to help. i only use mid in my rs.

hey subyrally, since we're on the east coast, we dont really have crappy gas. theres like 2 gas stations around here that sell 94 octane. i dont know what kinda subie you have, but if youre having problems with detonation, you should be able to get at least 93 octane instead of using a gas additive with 87 octane.