Ultimate Subaru Message Board

And so...

WJM

...the Saga begins!

the RX trans is in the process of comming out...thats easy.

Whats hard is getting the pedal box out of both cars and swaping that...and getting the trans out of the wagon...the extra 'expense' of having to take the axles out...the RX has no axles.

i just took out the pedal box on an 86 wagon for my 5 speed swap into my 4eat wagon. anyway i just droped the stearing wheel and undid the pedal box as i remeber i had to find just the right spot but it came out in about 3 hours total thats for the trans linkages and the pedal box and i took care not to tear up the car they came out of anyway good luck.

then why change out pedal assy's then?

Because something is wrong with the one that i installed in it the first time. The one in my RX that i am using for parts is KNOWN TO WORK CORRECTLY.

Accross 2 different trans and clutch/flywheel combos, the clutch pedal feel and release was NEVER proper. NEVER like anything else. It never released properly and the pedal was hard and difficult to operate. The RX's is proper-proper release, proper feel, proper travel...proper everything! So Im not going to take a chance and ruin another clutch that I paid big $ for just so I can get it done quicker.

I hope i can get it done...otherwise I'll have to take the RS... :mad: and i might not even go at all.