Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat progress...

Well the new cv axle already has a ripped outer boot... Taking it back in on tuesday. Got the new hub on. tierod suffered damage in detachment from the old hub, so I'm going to go ahead and install the powersteering rack. I have to go pull it first.:brow: Thats tomarrow's and monday's plan.

Good progress Carl. Slow and steady wins the race as they say. I don't want to scare you but the steering rack is a bit of a chore, but I'm sure you can do it. Worst part of it is that it's usually messy and oily. You'll be pleased with the car when you've accomplished all the repairs needed.

Yeah I will. Yeah, it's a bit of a mess, but thanks to austin's habbits of cleaning cross membors, it's not to bad. and the doner car with the rack in it, doesn't have an engine in it to deal with, or hubs for that matter, considering I already took the hub:) I have a friend helping me out here and there with the work. He really knows what hes doing. But yeah, at 6pm we're headin up to grab the steering rack out of the doner car and we're gonna put it in tonight/tomarrow. I imagine I probably have to take the engine out while doing this.

Yeah I will. Yeah, it's a bit of a mess, but thanks to austin's habbits of cleaning cross membors, it's not to bad. and the doner car with the rack in it, doesn't have an engine in it to deal with, or hubs for that matter, considering I already took the hub:) I have a friend helping me out here and there with the work. He really knows what hes doing. But yeah, at 6pm we're headin up to grab the steering rack out of the doner car and we're gonna put it in tonight/tomarrow. I imagine I probably have to take the engine out while doing this.

I've done a steering rack on a non-power steering GL and didn't have to pull the engine. I'd think about it a bit before I did that unless you think it'll be easier and worth the extra time.

Dont forget about your other "project" :brow:

Oh I'm not, are ya kidden?! the other project is for use when the brat is under:)

I just have to wait til tuesday to call my insurance company, they're closed until tuesday. I'm pretty sure I'm getting the car, I just have to call him up, and ask him what the rates would do if I got it. I'm getting a massive discount on rates in 2 weeks when I turn 21.. :banana: So I'm guessing it won't be much more to add a second car to my liability insurance policy. Not like I can drive 2 cars at once.

Ok, Today My friend Dave and I got alot done. Got the whole powersteering rack in, got the pump mounted and the belt hooked up. All thats left to do, is to bolt the tierods to the hubs... put the wheels on. bolt in the engine mounts, exhaust pipe, and retorqe the cross membor real quick, and it'll be good to go. Next will be the rear disc brakes. Long day, now I'm gonna go take a shower and pass out. Later:banana: