Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Aggressive mud/snow tires for stock 13's?

Hey tim, I think i've seen your lifted wagon around town. It looks awesome. I'd like to do the same to mine, but I have the pushbutton 4wd with no low range, so i don't think it would turn bigger tires all that well.

I found these

<http://www.barretire.com/wintertires.htm>

not as knobby as I had hoped to find, but look like they'll work well. Cheap too!!

I'm gonna check out a few more places locally before I order a set of these.

Those look about like the tread on mine, but you'll want to go with a 185/80/13 it is a little narrower and a little taller. I'll try and see what brand I have, but I think they have been discontinued. The D/R 5spd swap is easy, all you'd need is a tranny and rearend(if the gear ratios are different). That is my wifes wagon, I have an hatch (RUZILLA...LOL) Later, Tim

I ordered a set of these snow tires from Barre Tire after seeing the post above. I just got them (2 1/2 days from Vermont to VA, not bad). I haven't put them on yet but they look good. Deep lugs.

http://www.barretire.com/wintertires.htm

Hey tim, I think i've seen your lifted wagon around town. It looks awesome. I'd like to do the same to mine, but I have the pushbutton 4wd with no low range, so i don't think it would turn bigger tires all that well.

I found these

<http://www.barretire.com/wintertires.htm>

not as knobby as I had hoped to find, but look like they'll work well. Cheap too!!

I'm gonna check out a few more places locally before I order a set of these.

I also had a set of these for three years. Used them only in the winter up until this year. I highly recommend getting these. They are discontinued, so Barretire is the only place I've found them recently. Made by Goodyear.

I just bought the last five of 195/65 14's from them. They are the only ones not available with stud holes. The tread pattern is different, but the sidewall reads as the same tire.

TREAD PATTERN

23New_tires_on_DD_002-med.jpg

No rubbing with the suspension stock.

23New_tires_on_DD_004-med.jpg

A bit big for my taste but now I really have a reason to build a lift.

The first set I had was a different tread pattern. I hope these are as competent.

Jay

sorry to jack this thread, but according to brian's movie post in the off-topic forum it is better to use an existing thread than start my own. anyway, it seems snow tires on 13"s is covered pretty well, is there any dirt tires that will fit on stock wheels? or to broaden the search, is there any deeper tread tire than the road tires that dont wear as fast as snow tires would? snow is not too major a problem when its 70 degrees in december down here... thanks, skeet

I ordered a set of these snow tires from Barre Tire after seeing the post above. I just got them (2 1/2 days from Vermont to VA, not bad). I haven't put them on yet but they look good. Deep lugs.

http://www.barretire.com/wintertires.htm

You already got yours after 2 days? It's been a week since I ordered mine, no email or anything! I wonder what's going on..

Actually, it was less! I ordered them on Wednsday evening, and they were on my porch Friday when I came home from work at 5.

I'd call them if I were you.

You already got yours after 2 days? It's been a week since I ordered mine, no email or anything! I wonder what's going on..