Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat is no more......

well its close to no more. I have been currently stripping this thing down to the body the past few days. I've been getting help from my sister's b/f and also some help from Andrew. So this is what I have taken off as of right now...

hood, doors, fenders, bumpers, winshield, seats, carpet, dash, wiring harness (engine and cab), headlights, front valence, grille, weather stripping, insulation, headliner and misc. interior pieces, heater core, dome light, windshield wiper motors and assemblies, cowl, fuel pump, and a few more odds-n-ends I can't quite remember. Sorry I have no pics right now but I am getting a disposable camera and so hopefully I'll be able to put some pics up of it:D

well ok here's the plan for the Brat. First gutting the whole thing because I will be doing my own interior plus I will have to cut the trans tunnel and the firewall to fit the new motor. The new motor will be a RWD 2.8 v6 Multi Port Fuel Injection from a late 80's Camaro topped with a set of twisted wedge aluminum heads and a set of 350 rods with the offset shaved off of them to accomidate for the 12:1 compression ratio. Behind it will be a Borg-Warner T5, 5-speed transmission. Rear end will be a 4 linked Datsun H190 solid rear end from a truck. I'll be putting a posi unit into it also. Fully tubbed rear end to allow for some nice drap radials stuffed under it. The front end will be a newer style Datsun truck front end with disc brakes. But of course you're wondering how I'm going to do this with no chassis....well I'm going to be building a tubular chassis and full roll cage for the body to mount to. I'll be getting rid of the strut towers under the hood along with some other uneeded stuff. I'm shaving the side markers, door handles, locks, antenna, rear tailgate handle, the plastic "SUBARU" trim piece on the tailgate, the drip rails, and side mirrors. I'm making a hard tonneau cover with some new hatch struts from an 82-92 Camaro and I'm also gonna be using an electric latch mechanism from an 82-92 Camaro. The hood I will be making open sideways too. Oh and I almost forgot, I'm putting a full air ride setup under this too.

So basically I'm planning on making the ultimate Brat minitruck. Between the powerplant and the stereo system, I don't want people to forget who that skinny white guy is in the pimpin, lowered black brat.....

oh and sorry Paul, no valence is not up for grabs:D

... still got that mpfi cross ram for 2.8 v6 hehe

oh and a 5 speed that will bolt to it err i think its 5speed need to wash teh gunk off for a tranny id thing

but its off a 4wd .. so hmm wait .. go get a full time transfer case and run a ifs front end ..

have awd mini truk .. great for dragging.. hhehe