Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who hoo! Partys on!

I got home form work today and there was a package by the door. I looked down and I saw the return label said P.K. Davis!!! I opened the box up to see one of the new generation, solid aluminum lift kits. It looks really awesome I can't wait to install it. I'll post up some pics when done...Thanks PK!!!

I got home form work today and there was a package by the door. I looked down and I saw the return label said P.K. Davis!!! I opened the box up to see one of the new generation, solid aluminum lift kits. It looks really awesome I can't wait to install it. I'll post up some pics when done...Thanks PK!!!

Oh good, that means he must be done with mine too! Time to start stalking the FedEx guy....

Hey did you do your shopping for that, i am considering a lift for my gen-1.. need some $ first, so i got time, so if it ends up fitting (not mismachined or anything (bad experience on buddy's tacoma)) let me know where you got it

PK doesn't do Gen 1 lifts that I am aware of. However, you can rest assured that any lift he makes is of the highest quality.. I have installed a couple now and they are top notch. There are a ton and a half of his lifts floating around on this board.. nary a complaint.

Get a drill bit and a hacksaw. We had problems with a 4/3 Aluminum lift that PK made. I can only assume it was so new, it wasnt tested yet. We found that 4 of the front blocks (not x-member) had to be sawed down cause the corners hit the chassi undercarriage.

Also the 2 blocks for the rear diff hanger... the bolt holes were off on 1 hole by only about 1/8"-1/16". We just enlarged the hole and everything bolted right up.

The new aluminum lift looks to be 100x stronger than the old design, and oh so beautiful :)

-Brian

Yep, this is my first lift. However, my brother did lift a Gen I Brat 8" back in the early 80's. He also custom built his own 15" wheels by using centers out of 4 spares and welding new rims on. I didn't help but did follow his progress. That was the first lifted soob I was aware of. We were reminising about the project awhile back and when I told him Peugot made 15" wheels that bolt on, he just said Hmmmm...

Thanks for info guys, the 1/8" has been corrected. As far as the corners on the front blocks, it's hit or miss (pun) on EA81 or EA82. Sorry for inconvenience - thankfully, aluminum is easily filed/cut/modified. Nonetheless - I have now moved to round blocks for those - no worries. r/PK.

• 3 weeks later...
Get a drill bit and a hacksaw. We had problems with a 4/3 Aluminum lift that PK made. I can only assume it was so new, it wasnt tested yet. We found that 4 of the front blocks (not x-member) had to be sawed down cause the corners hit the chassi undercarriage.

Also the 2 blocks for the rear diff hanger... the bolt holes were off on 1 hole by only about 1/8"-1/16". We just enlarged the hole and everything bolted right up.

The new aluminum lift looks to be 100x stronger than the old design, and oh so beautiful :)

-Brian

I won't need to get a drill bit or hack saw...I have a full machine shop:-)