Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Scored aset of 6 lugs-Drill bit size?

Oh yea :banana: I scored a set of six lug wheels for you guessed it Nothing! they were all sittin on out old tire pile at the school, Chrome wagon wheel style with NO rust. Too bad only 2 out of the 4 tires were good but hey who's complaining. Not Me! Anyways what is the drill bit size needed to drill out the two opposing holes?

This is just one more piece to the puzzle on my project. 3" lift kit built except for strut blocks, EA82 rear coilovers, Now with 14" 6 luggers.

Still need to fab steering extension, weld up strut extenders, and somehow come up with a weber or holley carb. Anybody got one to trade for something?

Since your not afraid of fab work, I'de recommend drilling your hubs. It'll be a sturdier setup and give you tons of wheel options later (in case you wanna try a different offset or you bend a wheel or whatever.) In any case. the size bit I used for drilling the hubs (Not the wheels!) was a 17/32" which is kinda hard to come by, but is the perfect size for original or most replacement studs. Careful work on a drill press and some light grinding on the back side will get the job done.