Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well now a gen 1 BRAT owner....again

Picked up a 78 and 79 this weekend. The 78 is from Arizona so no rot but still needs lots of love. The 78 is a runner and still in really good shape but needs a little love also.

I plan to restore the 79 and sell it, but I'm keeping the 78 to customise. The 79 is to solid to hack apart for "unpure" modding but the 78 is in the perfect condition (needs some body work, but solid enough for a worthy prodject).

I wish I kept my '77 it had alot of good parts I need for these ones now, oh well time to go gen 1 shopping. Oh Paul.;)

I should have one or the other ready for Carlise altho I don't think I could take the drive all the way down there (10 mins at 80MPH is to much) But I plan on taking on anyway.

I need to get the 79 restored and sold to get my money back and get money for the cutomizing of the 78. The 78's probly gonna get a high compression 2.5L and AWD tranny, lowered with some type of 5 lug set up. Thinking of painting it ot match the wifes new Baja (black pearl with grey wheels). But first gotta get the 79 sold.

what all do you need? I got lots of parts since I just stripped my '78 Brat for my minitruck project. PM me with a list of parts you need and I'll see about hooking you up! I got everything from the steering column to the master cylinder, tranny, bed trim, etc. etc. etc......:D

Thanks for the offer. I will probly need some things but I don't know what yet. I will use most of the good drivetrain from the 78 to use in the 79. For right now it looks like my most needed things are gonna be interior peices and a good hood and D/S fender. I got a BRAT around here I have to go check out for good parts and then try and talk the guy into letting me "get it out of his yard":)

Damn me for letting all that Gen 1 stuff slip through my fingers all these years.:(