Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Replacing the Clutch Cable.

But when you are at a red light you don't want your foot jammed all to the floor waiting for the light to turn green, do you?

------------------------------------------------

I took off the spare tire and noticed something odd. There are two rubber washers that I assume go on each side of the clutch harness/car mount where the cable harness ends and the last part of the actual cable comes through.

Both of the rubber washers were on the same side of the mount. Well, one of the rubber washers looked like it was on both sides of the mount. I noticed that as the cable came out of the harness it was at a slight angle. Over time the slight angle can cause additional friction against the cable harness.

I loosened the two nuts and was able to correctly reposition the rubber washer, one on each side of the harness mount, and then I set the reset the nut to where I liked it best. It took me two readjustments of the nuts to get the pedal exactly the way I like it. I disagree that bending the pedal is the way to get the ideal setting, I think it takes a bit of tinkering to get the clutch pedal to engage exactly where it feels comfortable.